The Accounting Clerk is responsible for the Invoicing, review and processing of inventory transactions, supplier payments, to keep accounting records up to date and accurate.
Invoicing / Billing
- Processes customer invoicing in the ERP system.
- Review Accounts Receivable aging report on regular basis.
- Review freight accruals to ensure that freight cost / provision is accurate and present on all invoices.
- Reviews and compares inventory receiving report with purchase order and suppliers’ shipping documents to ensure accuracy
- Coordinates reconciliation of discrepancies with procurement team
- Processes inventory receipts, transfers, and adjustments in the ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) system, generates reports and review for accuracy
- Processes daily manufacturing (treating) reports in the ERP system, generate reports, and review to ensure that standard costs are correctly applied
- Reconciles inventory discrepancies as needed and assists with the coordination of physical inventory counts
- Enters supplier invoices and expense reports for payment in the ERP system
- Codes supplier invoices and expense reports to ensures that disbursements are posted to the correct GL account
- Matches packing slips to supplier invoice. Ensures consistency before issuing payment
- Reconciles inventory receipts with supplier invoice and purchase order (3-way match).
- Processes weekly cheque run for payment by head office, distribute cheques to vendors upon receipt.
- Reviews accounts payable aging report on a regular basis
- Liaises with suppliers as needed
- Maintains organized records of inventory transactions, vendor payments, and customer invoices for audit purposes
- Assists with month-end duties, including report generation, account reconciliations, and accruals
- Cross-train with other Accounting / Administrative staff and act as backup during periods of absence.
- Performs other duties as required
- College/University graduate;
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience.
LANGUAGES & CORE COMPETENCIES
- Proficiency in English, spoken and written
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team
- Attention to detail, monitor and check work or information
- Problem solving and prioritization
- Strong accounts payable knowledge
- Intermediate computer skills (Microsoft Office)
To apply for this position, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org