Stella-Jones Inc. is a leading producer and marketer of pressure treated wood products. The Company supplies North America’s railroad operators with railway ties and timbers, and the continent’s electrical utilities and telecommunication companies with utility poles. Stella-Jones also manufactures and distributes residential lumber and accessories to retailers for outdoor applications, as well as industrial products which include marine and foundation pilings, construction timbers, wood for bridges and coal tar-based products. The Company’s common shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: SJ).
The Accounting Clerk is responsible for the invoicing, review and processing of inventory transactions, supplier payments, and keeping accounting records updated and accurate.
Invoicing / Billing
- Processes customer invoicing in the ERP system.
- Review Accounts Receivable aging report on a regular basis.
- Review freight accruals to ensure that freight cost / provision is accurate and present on all invoices.
- Reviews and compares inventory receiving report with purchase order and suppliers’ shipping documents to ensure accuracy.
- Coordinates reconciliation of discrepancies with procurement team.
- Processes inventory receipts, transfers, and adjustments in the ERP system, generates reports and review for accuracy.
- Processes daily manufacturing (treating) reports in the ERP system, generates reports, and reviews to ensure that standard costs are correctly applied.
- Reconciles inventory discrepancies as needed and assists with the coordination of physical inventory counts.
- Enters supplier invoices and expense reports for payment in the ERP system.
- Codes supplier invoices and expense reports to ensure that disbursements are posted to the correct GL account.
- Matches packing slips to supplier invoice. Ensures consistency before issuing payment.
- Reconciles inventory receipts with supplier invoice and purchase order (3-way match).
- Processes weekly cheque run for payment by head office, distribute cheques to vendors upon receipt.
- Reviews accounts payable aging report on a regular basis.
- Liaises with suppliers as needed.
- Maintains organized records of inventory transactions, vendor payments, and customer invoices for audit purposes.
- Assists with month-end duties, including report generation, account reconciliations, and accruals.
- Cross-train with other Accounting / Administrative staff and act as backup during periods of absence.
- Performs other duties as required
- College/University graduate;
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience.
LANGUAGES & CORE COMPETENCIES
- Proficiency in English, spoken and written.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Attention to detail, monitor and check work or information.
- Problem solving and prioritization.
- Strong accounts payable knowledge.
- Intermediate computer skills (Microsoft Office).
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com