In light of opportunities in our residential lumber business, and with the goal to help us grow and strengthen our offering, we are looking for an exceptional individual to fill a position as a Lumber Trader, based in Stouffville, ON.
The role of the Lumber Trader is to buy and sell softwood lumber and panels for a specific region in Canada. The incumbent will deal with lumber mills, utilizing marketplace knowledge and trends.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual who will work with an experienced sales team and have the opportunity to exercise judgment and eventually assume responsibility for growth in the lumber business.
- Manage the buying and selling transactions of softwood lumber and panels;
- Manage the wood and panel inventories in different Stella-Jones plants and distribution centers;
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with Canadian buying groups;
- Actively build relationships with existing and future customers;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills;
- Highly communicative;
- Critical thinker (use of common sense);
- Personable & has understanding of building/managing strong business relationships;
- Negotiation skills;
- Solid decision-making and strong analytical skills;
- Demonstrated professionalism and strong business ethics;
- Good business acumen;
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Time and stress management;
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team;
- Intermediate computer skills (MS Office)
The candidate will work with a dynamic, highly motivated and supportive team with many years of experience and market knowledge. The team functions as an inclusive unit, in a fast-paced, exciting environment.
To apply, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org