"Where our people and our products are essential"
Stella-Jones is North America's leading producer of industrial pressure-treated wood products. Responding to the vital infrastructure needs of our economy, we manufacture and distribute railway ties, utility poles, residential lumber and industrial wood products across the continent. Stella-Jones recruits team members who embody our core values and desire an environment where growth is inspired, dedication is recognized, and achievement is rewarded. Our ever-expanding footprint provides a great prospect for career advancement as we seek to develop our emerging leaders.
Stella-Jones has openings for an Account Specialist at our Tacoma, WA and Valdosta, GA locations. This position manages assigned customer accounts by handling a variety of pre/post sales functions to ensure the highest quality of customer service.
- Contributes to the development of sales forecasts and targets.
- Assists with managing inventories, orders, and related transactions for assigned customers and territories.
- Maintains knowledge of all contractual and regulatory requirements of the customers.
- Verifies and posts details of business transactions to spreadsheets and databases.
- Investigates and resolves customer complaints and/or issues in an urgent manner.
- Reconciles report discrepancies and problems.
- Inputs customer and sales data into processing system according to company procedures.
- Reviews, balances, interprets, and corrects computer reports and submits to management upon request.
- Assists customers and other staff by answering questions related to accounts, procedures, and services.
- Monitor inventories in yards and may be responsible for Alliance customers as assigned.
- Provides input to the planning department to ensure that appropriate FG inventory levels are maintained and that replenishments are scheduled in order to meet the requirements of our customers.
- Reviews all quotes and orders to ensure accuracy and timely submission.
- Monitors transactions to ensure compliance with both company and industry procedures and regulations.
- Ensures all proper paperwork is filed in customer folders to meet department policy.
- Participates in the preparation and submission of RFQ's, RFP's, other formal quotations, and bids as requested by the customers.
- May need to be available to work additional hours and/or weekends to provide required customer storm response coverage, as appropriate
- May be required to attend customer service events and field calls with limited overnight travel
- Participates and contributes to company safety program.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Associate's degree (A.A) or equivalent; or four or more years related experience and/or training
- Experience: Five or more years customer service experience; four or more years industry knowledge; inventory management knowledge
- Advance proficiency in Microsoft Suite
- Strong organizational skills, proactive attitude with exceptional attention to detail
- Capability to multi-task and work under pressure of deadlines
- Ability to work in a team environment and interface interdepartmentally
- Demonstrated ability to review RFP's and to identify business issues
- Ability to make sound decisions with minimum supervision and delegates effectively
- Ability to build strong working relationships and have an excellent customer service record
As a Stella-Jones employee, you will have access to excellent benefits and incentives including:
- The security of working for a company designated as an essential workplace
- Comprehensive total benefits package
- Several company-paid benefits including:
- Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) policies
- Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Access to a robust employee assistance program
- Competitive compensation
- Annual bonus program opportunity
- 401(k) savings plan with generous Company match (150% on the first 4% deferred)
- Paid time off and holidays
- Career advancement opportunities
- Ability to purchase Company stock
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled