Stella-Jones seeks a Laborer to join our operations in McAlisterville, Pennsylvania. The primary purpose is to perform work in processing operations as directed by the Leadman and Supervisors in a productive, efficient and safe manner. Position performs heavy manual labor in most job duties. The work is outdoors in all weather conditions.
• Assist in loading and unloading of materials and charges.
• Assist in pole storage by setting stickers and dunnage.
• Tag lumber with proper product tag.
• Cut dunnage.
• Feed timber incisor.
• Assist in cleaning work areas, painting and maintaining property, plant and equipment.
• Extensive Hours: This is a 24-7 operation, overtime and weekends may be mandatory as well as unexpected shift changes. Attendance is extremely important.
• Able to work with the public.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one- or two-step instructions.
• Apply proper Safety and environmental practices.
• Ability to lift 50-75lbs continually.
• Ability to work in extreme weather conditions.
• Annual bonus program opportunity
• Comprehensive benefits plans including
o 3 different medical plans to choose from
o Company paid dental and vision coverage
o Company paid life insurance policy
o Company paid accidental death and dismemberment policy
o Company paid long term disability benefits
o 401k plan with a company match of 150% on the first 4% deferred
o Robust employee assistance program
o Opportunity to purchase Stella-Jones stock through payroll deduction
• 9 paid holidays each year
• 2 weeks paid vacation the first year
About the Company:
Stella-Jones Inc. is a leading producer and marketer of pressure treated wood products. The Company supplies North America's railroad operators with railway ties and timbers, and the continent's electrical utilities and telecommunication companies with utility poles. Stella-Jones also manufactures and distributes residential lumber and accessories to retailers for outdoor applications, as well as industrial products which include marine and foundation pilings, construction timbers, wood for bridges and coal tar based products. The Company's common shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: SJ).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled