"Where our people and our products are essential"
Stella-Jones is North America's leading producer of industrial pressure-treated wood products. Responding to the vital infrastructure needs of our economy, we manufacture and distribute railway ties, utility poles, residential lumber and industrial wood products across the continent. Stella-Jones recruits team members who embody our core values and desire an environment where growth is inspired, dedication is recognized, and achievement is rewarded. Our ever-expanding footprint provides a great prospect for career advancement as we seek to develop our emerging leaders.
Stella-Jones seeks a qualified Risk Manager based out of Lenexa, KS office. This position will assist in coordination of risk identification, assessment, and controls, insurance claims, and RMIS administration to support the company insurance and ERM functions. Duties include collecting and analyzing underwriting information and loss exposure information; allocation of insurance and claim expenses; coordinate business impact analysis of critical functions; coordinate handling of workers compensation and auto claims; and process insurance certificate issuance and collection.
- Collects underwriting information throughout the company through phone, email, and data queries.
- Analyzes and helps prepare underwriting submission data for marketing and placement of insurance policies.
- Assist in allocation of insurance costs and calculation of Total Cost of Risk.
- Identify and analyze business impact of critical functions, equipment and processes.
- Coordinate TPA resources to facilitate workers compensation and auto claims resolutions.
- Coordinate broker resources to issue insurance certificates at renewal and as requested and maintain records of certificates collected from third parties.
- Assist with Risk Management Information System administration and maintenance.
- Coordinate insurance appraisals and critical equipment inspection and testing program.
- Research, root cause analysis, risk assessment and control development projects as assigned.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Education: BA/BS Degree
- Degree field in Risk Management, Insurance, Business, Finance or related field preferred.
- Experience: 5 years' experience leveraging data in a risk, insurance, or business analyst role.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving-skills.
- Ability to understand complex processes at a detailed level.
- Strong database administration skills.
- Advance Excel user skills.
- Ability to handle multiple functions and deadlines.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to interact with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to travel. Travel is less than 10%.
As a Stella-Jones employee, you will have access to excellent benefits and incentives including:
- The security of working for a company designated as an essential workplace
- Comprehensive total benefits package
- Several company-paid benefits including:
- Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) policies
- Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Access to a robust employee assistance program
- Competitive compensation
- Annual bonus program opportunity
- 401(k) savings plan with generous Company match (150% on the first 4% deferred)
- Paid time off and holidays
- Career advancement opportunities
- Ability to purchase Company stock
Click to apply and start the process to join the Stella-Jones team!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled