Stella-Jones is seeking a qualified Senior Dispatcher for our Fresno, CA Operations. This role is responsible for effective communications with transportation suppliers, internal company and external company customers. Assists with managing service costs and scheduling repairs. Coordinates and ships by rail. Manages transportation and delivery of products to ensure low cost, quality service, and on-time delivery.
• Responsible for optimizing delivery routes for drivers before each shift. Looks for opportunities in efficiencies throughout operation, delivery, yard and reports monthly on feedback and suggestions for improvement.
• Ensures freight accruals align with quoted bid.
• Responsible for dispatching drivers/in-out bound carriers as needed to supply on-time, cost effective service and coordinate with customers service, drivers, yard coordinators, and driver supervisor.
• Tracks truck movements to assure that we have a method of monitoring on time-pick up and on-time delivery.
• Communicates and resolves issues, problems and concerns with drivers and customers as it relates to service deliveries, claims, directions, driver paperwork, DOT, permits and other issues.
• Looks for opportunities to use combined company drivers and contracted carriers to minimize freight cost.
• Defines high-volume one and two-way freight lanes and works to develop advantageous sourcing strategies for each specific freight lane.
• Coordinates with mechanic staff to ensure upkeep of equipment with minimal downtime on loads.
• Ability to learn rail patterns and understand car design to effectively ship by rail.
• Knowledge of or ability to learn how to operate electronic log device (ELD) to assist truck drivers with ELD inquiries. Monitors driver hours to ensure compliance with regulations.
• Responsible for maintaining and reporting shipping status for assigned plant.
• Tracks and provides driver pay schedule data for payroll.
• Ability to cover for dispatchers in other locations.
• Participates and contributes to company safety program.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Education: Bachelor degree preferred; or High School Diploma or GED and combination of education and experience.
• 5 Years of direct industry transportation and dispatching experience preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently or as part of the team
• Ability to work tactfully with transportation carriers, accounting, data processing and sales personnel.
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of email, spreadsheet software, database software, word processing software, and presentation software.
• Comprehensive benefits plans including
o 3 different medical plans to choose from
o Company paid dental and vision coverage
o Company paid life insurance policy
o Company paid accidental death and dismemberment policy
o Company paid long term disability benefits
o 401k plan with a company match of 150% on the first 4% deferred
o Robust employee assistance program
o Opportunity to purchase Stella-Jones stock through payroll deduction
• 9 paid holidays each year
• 2 weeks paid vacation the first year
• Paid sick hours and personal hours
About the Company:
Stella-Jones Inc. is a leading producer and marketer of pressure treated wood products. The Company supplies North America's railroad operators with railway ties and timbers, and the continent's electrical utilities and telecommunication companies with utility poles. Stella-Jones also manufactures and distributes residential lumber and accessories to retailers for outdoor applications, as well as industrial products which include marine and foundation pilings, construction timbers, wood for bridges and coal tar based products. The Company's common shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: SJ).
Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled