General Ledger Accountant
Location: Stouffville, ON
- Are you looking for a job in a well-established, North American manufacturing company?
- Is your passion working with numbers?
- Does the wood industry interest you and you wish to evolve in a fast-growing company?
Look no further; our Stouffville (Gormley) location is actively looking for someone just like you!
With us, you will have access to:
- The security of working for a company designated as an essential workplace.
- Complete benefits package including:
- Extended health and dental coverage, including a health spending account.
- Life insurance & Short/Long Term Disability coverage
- Competitive salary
- Annual profit-sharing program
- Retirement program (RRSP) with generous Company match (150% on the first 4%)
- Company Share Purchase Program with Company contribution
- A hybrid teleworking model is available
What would be your responsibilities?
The General Ledger Accountant performs a variety of tasks to support the Controller and Director of Accounting in ensuring the accuracy of financial records. The position is primarily responsible for reconciling and ensuring the accuracy of general ledger transactions and account balances. Other key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, month-end closing duties, posting journal entries, assisting with internal / external audits, supporting activities for periodic physical inventory counts, participating in the budget / forecast processes, maintenance of accounting records as assigned, ad-hoc reporting and analysis as needed.
We need you to:
General Ledger Reconciliation and Analysis
- Perform account analysis to ensure that journal entries and ending balances are accurate.
- Regular review and reconciliation of subledger accounts (GR/IR) to validate that payments / clearing documents have been correctly applied to the corresponding accruals and that unapplied accruals / payments remain within acceptable aging tolerances.
- Perform manual clearing of general ledger transactions on a regular basis in order to maintain accurate and up to date records of open items.
- Review internal financial statements / reports at the general ledger level to identify potential inaccuracies and take corrective action.
- Collaborate with internal departments to gather, analyze, and interpret relevant financial information and coordinate corrective action as required.
- Posting journal entries to record accruals, deferrals, reclassifications, and corrections in a timely manner to support the month-end, quarter-end, and year-end processes.
- Gathering supporting documentation and performing recordkeeping.
- Aligning general ledger accounting practices to ensure consistency, support budgeting and forecasting, and comply with accounting standards / regulatory requirements.
- Coordinate document preparation for internal and external Auditors.
- Respond to queries from Auditors, coordinate with Controller.
- Participate in periodic physical inventory counts by assisting with coordination, providing administrative support, and performing variance analysis.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Proficiency in English, spoken & written
- French knowledge, an asset
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong accounting knowledge
- Attention to detail, monitor and check work or information
- Respects and adheres to ethical principles regarding data protection and confidentiality
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Time and stress management
- Team player
- Proficient with Accounting Systems as well as Microsoft Office (notably, Excel)
- Experience with SAP, an asset
What we expect from you?
- Undergraduate Degree in Business or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a progressively responsible accounting role
- CPA Designation (or in progress)
If this position interests you, don’t delay and send your resume to email@example.com today!
Our team is eager to meet you!