Salmon Arm BC
Location : Salmon Arm, BC
- Are you looking for a job in a well-established, North American manufacturing company?
- Do you thrive on change and an opportunity to make an impact on a team?
- Does the wood industry interest you and you wish to evolve in a fast-growing company?
Look no further; our Salmon Arm office is actively looking for someone just like you!
With us, you will have access to:
- The security of working for a company designated as an essential workplace.
- Complete benefits package including:
- Extended health and dental coverage, including a health spending account.
- Life insurance & Short/Long Term Disability coverage
- Competitive salary
- Annual profit-sharing program
- Retirement program (RRSP) with generous Company match (150% on the first 4%)
- Company Share Purchase Program with Company contribution
- A hybrid teleworking model is available
The position, in a nutshell
The Staff Accountant, reporting to the Controller, will support the Western Canada pole and lumber treating plants. This position offers a unique opportunity to be involved in a dynamic and evolving accounting team that is implementing a new ERP. The individual will assist with design, testing and integration of these platforms and be a key leader in designing all-new accounting processes post implementation.
- Complete monthly, quarterly, and annual financial close process under the direction of the Controller.
- Prepare journal entries and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Compile, enter and analyze financial information.
- Analyze key processes and recommend internal control improvements.
- Assist with design, testing and integration of ERP (SAP) system implementations.
- Perform ad hoc projects and analyses under the direction of Controller.
- Partner with management to prepare value-added analysis and reports.
- Keep Controller apprised of potential concerns and statuses.
- Apply principles of accounting theory and use of judgment and other professional skills to determine the appropriate procedures for preparing and maintaining accounting records and reports.
- Train and mentor peers.
- Support others in finance when needed.
- Participate and contribute to company safety program.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in Accounting, including experience with analysis, reconciling accounts, cost accounting, receivables & payables, and journal entries, preferable in the manufacturing industry
- CPA Certification (or in progress), preferred
- Effective communication skills, both written and oral
- Adaptive to changing processes and ability to solve problems
- Effective priority management
- Strong Excel skills with an interest and aptitude for working with large amounts of data
- SAP S4 Hana experience, an asset
- Manufacturing experience preferred
If this position interests you, don't delay and send your resume to email@example.com today!
Our team is eager to meet you!