It's a story about growth
Treating Plants Spanning
Inventory on average
Built on consistency
With over 40 wood-treating facilities, numerous finished goods yards, pole peeling operations and an extensive distribution network strategically located across the United States and Canada, Stella-Jones is North America’s principal supplier to the continent’s electrical and telecommunications industries, its railway operators and residential retail market.
At Stella-Jones, our focus is clear: we deliver premium value to our clients by offering the best products and services in the industry. By adhering to our core competencies while pursuing strategic growth, our company has established itself as a strong, reliable supplier to its customers and a leader in the North American wood treating industry.
The Stella-Jones NetworkGet a quote
Secure Supply, Quick Response
Our ability to meet urgent demand is unrivalled in the industry: with a network of strategically located manufacturing facilities and multiple distribution yards spanning the continent, our security of supply and agile operations guarantee quick delivery in the event of an emergency.
Stella-Jones strives to be the performance leader in the wood preserving industry and a model corporate citizen, exercising environmental responsibility and integrity.
We stick to our word. We act with honesty and integrity in all interactions with employees, clients, suppliers and the public, and adhere to the highest standards of professional behaviour and ethics.
We believe that the contribution of every employee is valuable. We foster a culture of inclusion in which employees are encouraged to take initiative, participate and exchange ideas.
We work together to meet the needs of our customers by providing superior customer service and products.
We take a straightforward, nose-to-the-grindstone approach to our business, knowing that success comes through hard work and dedication.
Our Commitment to Health and Safety
We value the safety and well being of our employees and the environment in which we work and live. As such, we are firmly committed to promoting best environmental, health and safety practices through ongoing capital investments and continuous improvement programs across all facets of the company.
Our Story - Highlights
- October 1992 Incorporation
- June 1993 Purchase of Domtar Inc. wood treating assets
- June 1994 Initial Public Offering (IPO)
- March 2000 First acquisition for poles - Guelph Utility Pole
- August 2005 First acquisition for ties and entry into U.S. market - Webster Wood Preserving
- December 2009 500 employees across 14 plants
$500 million CDN
- November 2012 Acquisition of first pole treating facilities in the U.S. - McFarland Cascade Holdings, Inc.
- December 2012 1,000 employees across 23 plants
$1 billion CDN
- December 2014 1,500 employees across 27 plants
- October 2015 Strategic expansion for residential lumber - RAM Forest Products