New Westminster BC
Temporary, part-time (20hours/week) – 12 month mandate
- Are you looking for a job in a well-established, international manufacturing company?
- Does accounting hold no secrets for you, and you want to join a stimulating team?
- Does wood industry sound appealing to you and you wish to evolve in a fast-growing company?
Look no further; our New-Westminster location is actively looking for someone just like you!
But, who are we?
Stella-Jones is North America's leading producer of industrial pressure-treated wood products. Responding to the vital infrastructure needs of our economy, we manufacture and distribute railway ties, utility poles, residential lumber and industrial wood products across the continent. The Company’s common shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: SJ).
With us, you will have access to:
- A flexible schedule
- Health benefits with dental coverage
- A Competitive salary
What would be your responsibilities?
You would be responsible for the review and processing of supplier payments and customer billing as well as keeping accounting records up to date and accurate.
We need you to:
- Process accounts payable: invoice processing from suppliers for all materials consumed on location, including yard maintenance, operational products and equipment, incoming white wood and preservatives. All accounts payable information is compiled, appointed to correct GL accounts
- Attach invoices to cheque stub and distribute cheques to suppliers.
- Coordinate wire transfers to be issued by head office.
- Match PO’s to invoices.
- Liaise with supplier as needed.
- Order office supplies as needed.
- Assist with reconciliation, inquiries, etc.
- Process customers invoicing and send to customers.
- Answer and direct all incoming calls.
- Perform other duties as required.
What we expect from you?
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team
- Attention to detail, monitor and check work or information
- Problem solving and priority management
- Strong accounts payable knowledge
- Intermediate computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Flexible regarding work assignments
- Proficiency in English, spoken and written
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Diploma or certificate in Accounting
- Minimum 3 years of related experience
If this position resonates with you, do not wait and send your resume to RecruitmentCanada@stella-jones.com today!
Our team is eager to meet you!