Stella-Jones Corporation is seeking a qualified Dispatcher at our Whitmire, SC location. This position is responsible for effective communications with transportation suppliers, internal company and external company customers. In this position, the right candidate is energetic, professional, a quick learner and has proven organizational skills. This position contributes to a team that is focused on accuracy, timeliness, and managing all the details. The right candidate can handle high volumes, stress and a fast-paced environment with ease.
- Responsible for dispatching drivers/in-out bound carriers as need to supply on-time, cost effective service and coordinate with customer service, drivers, yard coordinators, and driver supervisor.
- Responsible for optimizing delivery routes for drivers before each shift. Looks for opportunities in efficiencies throughout the operation, delivery, yard and reports monthly on feedback and suggestions for improvement.
- Communicate and resolve issues, problems and concerns with drivers and customers as it relates to service deliveries, claims, directions, driver paperwork, DOT, permits and other issues.
- Look for opportunities to use combined company drivers and contracted carriers to minimize freight costs.
- Defines high volume one and two-way freight lanes and works to develop advantageous sourcing strategies for each specific freight lane.
- Track inventory, and build loads to ship within the computer system.
- Verify loads before they leave the plant by counting what is on trucks and even on rail when necessary
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years comparable experience, including shipping/receiving and inventory experience in a manufacturing setting
- Intermediate MS Office skills (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of the team
- Knowledge of logistics and transportation methods required
As an employee, you will have access to excellent benefits and incentives including:
- The security of working for a company designated as an essential workplace
- Comprehensive total benefits package
- Several company-paid benefits including:
- Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) policies
- Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Access to a robust employee assistance program
- Competitive compensation
- Annual bonus program opportunity
- 401(k) savings plan with generous Company match (150% on the first 4% deferred)
- Paid time off and holidays
- Career advancement opportunities
- Ability to purchase Company stock
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled