Stella-Jones is seeking a qualified EHS/QC Technician for our Cordele, GA Operations. This role is responsible for ensuring EHS and Quality Compliance at the facility location. The expected work schedule is 40 Hours per week.
• Responsible for implementing Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) and Quality Control (QC) policies, programs, and procedures.
• Conducts EHS and QC Inspections according to company policies. Ensures and maintains corporate quality records on quality standards and carefully documents data.
• Performs EHS and QA facility audits according to company policies.
• Provides EHS/QA training at facility. Ensures records for trainings are accurately maintained.
• Works with Plant Manager and EHS department to complete permit applications.
• Performs accident and incident investigation as necessary.
• Provides recommendation to department supervisors and plant employees in regard to safety and environmental matters.
• Responsible for accurate and timely EHS reporting and recordkeeping according to company policy.
• Assists in field and laboratory testing, evaluates results, and makes recommendations on treatment of materials.
• Oversees processing of quality reports and maintenance of quality databases.
• Assists production departments in driving product quality and implementation of process improvements.
• Ensures all preservative concentrations in work solutions are monitored on a regular basis to determine if they are within specified company and industry standards.
• Oversees boring, inspection, and chemical analysis of all treated charges; issues all treating certificates and certified treating reports.
• Maintains accurate records of all field and laboratory analysis, inspections, correspondence, specifications, research, or other documents.
• Participates and contributes to company safety program.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Education: (Required) High School Diploma or GED
• 1 Year relevant industry experience preferred
• Proficiency with computers (specifically Microsoft Office Products)
• Quality program implementation experience
• Ability to work independently or as part of the team
• Ability to multitask
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Must possess problem solving skills, critical writing skills, and training skills
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Valid US State driver's license
• Annual bonus program opportunity
• Comprehensive benefits plans including
o 3 different medical plans to choose from
o Company paid dental and vision coverage
o Company paid life insurance policy
o Company paid accidental death and dismemberment policy
o Company paid long term disability benefits
o 401k plan with a company match of 150% on the first 4% deferred
o Robust employee assistance program
o Opportunity to purchase Stella-Jones stock through payroll deduction
• 9 paid holidays each year
• 2 weeks paid vacation the first year
• Paid sick hours and personal hours
About the Company:
Stella-Jones Inc. is a leading producer and marketer of pressure treated wood products. The Company supplies North America's railroad operators with railway ties and timbers, and the continent's electrical utilities and telecommunication companies with utility poles. Stella-Jones also manufactures and distributes residential lumber and accessories to retailers for outdoor applications, as well as industrial products which include marine and foundation pilings, construction timbers, wood for bridges and coal tar based products. The Company's common shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: SJ).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled