Stella-Jones seeks a qualified Tie Buyer for our NE region covering ME, VT, NH, NY, MA and CT. Our Buyer works closely with lumber mills to select and order wood. The Buyer will also inspect, grade and appraise wood commodities offered for sale to determine value and yield.
- Provides a continuous monthly supply of ties to accomplish above-allocated annual production requirements.
- Purchases and balances raw materials inventory to meet required production levels.
- Monitors yields to ensure cost efficiency is maintained and budget requirements are met.
- Maintains and develops new relationships with sellers of raw materials.
- Ensures proper quantity and quality of materials received to locations.
- Contacts and follows up on any open market producers that have material fitting production needs.
- Provides price forecasts and outlooks for purchases and arranges payment for completed orders.
- BS or AS in Forestry or relevant degree preferred
- Demonstrated negotiation abilities
- Computer proficiency (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Excellent oral & written communications skills
- Strong business orientation
- Ability to travel
As a Stella-Jones employee, you will have access to excellent benefits and incentives including:
- The security of working for a company designated as an essential workplace
- Comprehensive total benefits package
- Several company-paid benefits including:
- Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) policies
- Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Access to a robust employee assistance program
- Competitive compensation
- Annual bonus program opportunity
- 401(k) savings plan with generous Company match (150% on the first 4% deferred)
- Paid time off and holidays
- Career advancement opportunities
- Ability to purchase Company stock
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
About the Company:
Stella-Jones Inc. is a leading producer and marketer of pressure treated wood products. The Company supplies North America's railroad operators with railway ties and timbers, and the continent's electrical utilities and telecommunication companies with utility poles. Stella-Jones also manufactures and distributes residential lumber and accessories to retailers for outdoor applications, as well as industrial products which include marine and foundation pilings, construction timbers, wood for bridges and coal tar based products. The Company's common shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: SJ).