Stella-Jones is North America's leading producer of industrial pressure-treated wood products. Responding to the vital infrastructure needs of our economy, we manufacture and distribute railway ties, utility poles, residential lumber and industrial wood products across the continent.
Stella-Jones recruits team members who embody our core values and desire an environment where growth is inspired, dedication is recognized, and achievement is rewarded. Our ever-expanding footprint provides a great prospect for career advancement as we seek to develop our emerging leaders.
Stella-Jones is seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant to join our Winslow, IN team. The Administrative Assistant implements administrative systems, procedures and policies, and monitors administrative projects. Schedule is Monday-Friday: 7:00a-4:30p. Additional hours may be needed as business needs.
- Coordinate, organize and perform general administrative duties to include typing, faxing, copying, answering telephones, and filing as needed.
- Gather, sort, and distribute incoming and outgoing mail within the department.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments and travel arrangements for department staff.
- Answer telephones, routes calls and/or takes messages.
- Ensure operation of equipment by completing preventative maintenance requirements; calls for repairs.
- Maintain office supplies for department; approves special office supply requests.
- Maintain department files and library including record retention program.
- Prepare and submit monthly forms, invoices and check requests.
- Assure that all assigned projects are completed in a timely and efficient manner and follow-up is done on all administrative details.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Five years of Administrative Assistant/Executive Assistant experience supporting management staff in a professional office environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products and email in addition to a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Previous SAP experience preferred
- Confidentiality, multitasking and flexibility required
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment
- Ability to work flexible hours as necessary
As a Stella-Jones employee, you will have access to excellent benefits and incentives including:
- The security of working for a company designated as an essential workplace
- Comprehensive total benefits package
- Several company-paid benefits including:
- Dental and Vision coverage
- Life Insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) policies
- Long-Term Disability Coverage
- Access to a robust employee assistance program
- Competitive compensation
- Annual bonus program opportunity
- 401(k) savings plan with generous Company match (150% on the first 4% deferred)
- Paid time off and holidays
- Career advancement opportunities
- Ability to purchase Company stock
Click to apply and start the process to join the Stella-Jones team!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled